Something Tookish

Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Bathroom

I'd forgotten how much I loved The Hobbit. Last weekend I had the house to myself and I was walking around reading. It didn't take more than a minute to sink into the story. I sunk in so much, in fact, that a few minutes later when I heard voices outside and steps on the stairs, I had a brief moment of disorientation and I didn't know where I was. I felt like I had gotten caught doing something, but I soon realized I was just at my own house, holed up in the bathroom, and not really in Middle Earth traipsing mountains with Bilbo & Co. I wish more books made me feel this way, and I can't believe I've never labeled The Hobbit my favorite.

1 Comments:

Blogger DaddyMan said...

*chuckles* Throne readers unite!

February 13, 2007 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home